Benefits of Adrak
Posted by Anna Anandita on
Ginger, or scientifically known as, Zingiber officinale, is a widely used spice and medicine. It belongs to the family that includes turmeric and cardamom too. It is one of the first spices to have been exported from Asia. Out of the total production of ginger throughout the world in 2018, India led the highest with 32% of the world total.
Ginger has a variety of uses in food or medicine items such as vegetables, candy, soda, pickles, and alcoholic beverages. It is a key ingredient in any Indian household, roots back amongst the Ayurvedas. Its use dates back to 3000 years of rich history. Never has ginger changed in its amazing medicinal properties since time immemorial.
DID YOU KNOW?
Raw ginger comprises 79% water, 18% carbohydrates, 2% protein, and 1% fat. Ginger is beneficial not only for our health, but also for our hair and skin!!
BENEFITS OF GINGER
For our skin:
- A sip of ginger tea every day helps fight the signs of ageing.
- A little bit of ginger applied on the skin can refresh it and give a glow to the skin itself.
- Ginger is valuable for a toned skin.
- It helps in reducing whiteheads naturally.
For our hair:
- Ginger is antiseptic in nature which is beneficial in preventing dandruff by producing natural oils.
- It is an antioxidant which helps prevent split ends and dry hair.
- It has been known to increase blood circulation to our scalp to facilitate hair growth.
- Ginger root prevents hair loss.
For our health:
- A cup of warm ginger tea in winter can do wonders to reduce a bad case of cold and flu.
- Ginger helps reduce cholesterol and regulate blood sugar level. It is thus integral for having a healthy heart.
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, a forefront in treating inflammation ,severe indigestion and nausea.
- It helps in good brain function.
- Consumption of ginger powder or paste, added with light exercise helps treat muscle pain naturally.
- It reduces risk to our liver due to ageing.
- Consumption of ginger during menstrual cycle helps reduce menstrual cramps.
- Ginger has preventive properties against Alzheimer’s.
- Ginger extract combined with cinnamon and sesame oil has reducing properties for Osteoarthritis pain.
Bottom line being, Ginger has a lot of healthy and healing properties. It is not just an integral part of the traditional Indian household preparations but also has flavorsome medicinal uses.
You can also try the famous Raja Ji Online Adrak which is well known for its taste and health benefits.
- Tags: Adrak, Candy, Digestive Churan